Thursday, September 25, 2008

You've got mail!

Well things have been a bit slow this month - my car trailer is currently being utilised for another purpose and so I havent been able to get my car to the paint shop for engine bay and interior paint. I'm hoping to have it back soon. I'm hanging to get this thing painted so I can start re-assembly! In the meantime my T3 gear arrived today after a bit of a wait, all looks good though! The T3 traction brackets are certainly a hefty bit of gear! I think they may be a little over-engineered, but I'd rather them be bullet proof I suppose then flimsy and prone to breaking or deforming! Downside is the extra weight. You'll also notice a set of power steering arms which I came across on eBay in the states for a lot cheaper than they are available here.

Also today I managed to grab a new lightweight FRP bonnet to replace the heavy OEM one. I wasnt planning on buying one so soon but this one popped up and I was too tempted to not buy it! I think its an authentic Origin bonnet as it appears to be foam filled sandwhich FRP of decent quality and the guy I bought it off also gave me a groovy looking set of bonnet pics that sit flush and lock with a key(cheers
86Powers)! Its 2nd hand and has some slight damage(broken corner) but easily fixed and the price was right! Most importantly its feather light compared to the lead filled OEM one!

No comments: