Monday, August 11, 2008

Paint prep....

Melbourne sucks this time of year! Cold, wet and miserable. I like the heat - give me 30°C+ anyday! Seeing that my garage is full of my EH Holden, I'm having to build this car under my carport exposed to the elements! But, I sucked it up over the weekend and managed to make a start on the engine bay and interior paint prep. I hit all the bare metal areas that I welded up the last couple of weekends with the trusty U-POL etch primer, I also got half the cage coated before running out of primer. I also decided I better fix a few small rust spots before it gets painted - I then ran out of MIG gas -again!! I'm definitely heading down to BOC to enquire about hiring a bottle and reg. - these disposable things are a rip at $30 a pop, they dont last long at all!!

Having run out of gas and paint, on a sunday with nothing open, I decided to start rubbing back the painted surfaces on interior and engine bay. Next weekend, if I get both days to work on the car, I hope to have it ready for paint!
I didnt take any pics, nothing exciting to look at really that hasnt been seen already!


No comments: