Thursday, August 21, 2008

Suspension stuff

I was hesitant to add a new entry, seeing that I dont have any new interesting pics of the build to post up. I've basically spent what time I had to work on the car the last two weekends to continue prepping for paint. All welding is now done(I found some more welding to do last weekend), all bare metal surfaces coated in etch primer. I just have to rub back the interior surfaces and shoot it off to get some paint!

But, watching the Aussie dollar slowly drop against the US over the last couple of weeks prompted me to get my arse into gear and purchase some suspension components from the states whilst the conversion rate is still reasonable! So today I ordered:

  • Ground Control weld on coilover sleeve kit
  • T3 Adjustable camber plates
  • T3 Rear traction brackets
All this thanks to Techno Toy Tuning(T3) in the US. There were plenty of other options around for these components but T3 worked out best value vs quality. Still to get suspension wise are the damper inserts. At this stage I'm thinking Koni 8611 race dampers, second choice being Tokico HTS102's. Here are some pics of the gear I purchased from the T3 website, just to give ya's something to look at!

No comments: