Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hooray for Easter break!

4 days off work for Easter - just what I needed to make some decent progress on the car! If only the auto parts places were open the whole 4 days I could have made a lot more! I tracked down someone to cut and shut my front struts for the coilover conversion. Antony from Outlaw Welding - cant thank him enough! Great bloke, I dropped the struts off to him on saturday lunch time and he had them ready for me sunday morning! I also have him fabricating an alloy box to house the EFI support system(surge tank, pump etc.). I attempted to start routing the new 3/8 fuel hardline - I discovered was that 3/8 bundy tube sucks arse at trying to get anything close to tight radius bend even using a pipe bender - it kept wanting to kink! Whilst I was at Bunnings grabbing some other bits and pieces I noticed some 3m lengths of thick walled 10mm aluminium tubing - so decided to give this a go instead - it was much better to work with and I managed with some patience to get it routed along the rail from the diff to the firewall. Problem now is the 3/8 pipe flaring tool I have does not quite fit the 10mm alloy tube(3/8inch is not quite the same as 10mm). Should have the coilovers completed by the end of the week which means I can bolt the front end together properly(with the front wheels on) and drop the car off the trailer to install the engine!

No comments: