Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Flares... now the rear!

The fronts guards turned out so well I decided to give the rears a go. The rears require a little more effort, the inner guard has to be first seperated from the outer guard and cut away a little to provide some room. Then after the flaring is done you need to re-attach(weld) the inner to the outer to provide adequate strength to the guard and stop crap being flicked up into the rear quarter cavity. I drilled the spot welds out, in hindsight I probably should have ground them through to prevent the holes in the lip you see in the pics. It wasnt a big deal in the end because I folded the lip back over to pretty much cover the holes. I also ran a bead of sikaflex along the join where I welded the inner guard to the outer to make sure it was a water tight seal. Once again I was pretty happy with the result!

No comments: