Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In the beginning, there was AWD...


...in the form of a Subaru Impreza WRX (MY00). Yes, my first taste of going balls out on the race track was in my newly purchased, 2nd hand WRX. The moment I got in it and started belting around the suburbs I realised that this car had a lot more in it than what I could get out of it from daily commuting and wowing my mates with "quick spins around the block"! On joining up with the Impreza WRX Club of Vic. I noticed they ran a Sprint Championship, I attended one of their Sprint meets at Winton Raceway and decided it looked like too much fun to miss out on. I signed up and for the next 3 or 4 years I was content flogging the absolute begeezuz out of the trusty WRX once a month and competing in Clubman class against fellow club members.


No comments: