Friday, July 4, 2008

GZE found!

I had tracked down and purchased the turbo - a T28 from an S14 Silvia. Now I was on the lookout for an exhaust manifold to suit and aftermarket management to run it all. There were cheaply available stainless steel turbo manifolds on eBay - they looked good! All shiny and pretty. But I was hesitant to get one, I knew of the problems involved in cheaply made and designed stainless turbo manifolds. Whilst perusing the AE86DC forums on the lookout for parts I stumbled across an engine, a 4AGZE block with bigport head set-up for turbo, complete with Haltech aftermarket management, the only thing it was missing was the turbo which I happen to already have! The next problem was that it was in Sydney and I was in Melbourne! I contacted the seller and organised for a courier to pick it up and freight it down to me in Melbourne. After some stuffing around it arrived - I now had a good solid base for a 4AGTE engine.

No comments: