Thursday, July 3, 2008

The teardown - WTF!

So I get the newly acquired Sprinter home and start tearing it down, the old 4AC and gearbox are ripped out, and I start cleaning up a bit of accumulated grease and grime from the engine bay. It was then I discovered the seller was not completely honest with me and I discover a dirty great bow in the left hand front chassis rail!? #$&@!!

I ask around some mates for a panel shop contact to try and get it straightened on the cheap, manage to find a mate of a mate who owns a shop and I cart it off to him to get straightened out. I get it back after a week or so later and am told its all straight so I continue stripping out sound deadening etc. I sell off all the interior - not needed for a race car. Next step is to do something about the dirty great sunroof hole!

No comments: